We are excited to announce the clearing process is nearly complete! However, we want to update you with several setbacks:
- In response to our request for a development permit, unexpectedly, the City is requiring the Corps of Engineers to concur with the previous findings of the environmental engineer/consultant that the creek is a non-jurisdictional waterway. The Corps typically takes 30 days to visit and rule. We’ve appealed to the Corps for faster service but still waiting. We’ve appealed to the City for a “partial” permit that would allow us to do the initial site work for sanitary, sewer and storm. The partial permit was granted.
- Parking Lot 1. The plan calls for an initial parking lot to be poured to house construction offices, storage units, and equipment. However, part of the parking lot is next to the creek and we are not yet allowed to regrade any area around the creek until we get approval from the Corps of Engineers.
- Rain. The site is draining well, but consistent rain is causing delays.